Stack And Build CVC Words To Study Word Families And Short Vowels
With picture cues to assist them, students stack lowercase letter tiles to build words, read them, and then write them on the write-on/wipe-off mats. A fun way to familiarize students with CVC word families and short-vowel words!
- 4 Double-Sided Letter Stacking Mats: The mats have three boxes to stack the letter tiles. One side has color- coded boxes to cue players where to place the vowel. The other side is more challenging; it has no color-coding.
- 4 Write-On/Wipe-Off Word Suggestion/Answer Key Cards: The full-color, foldable cards offer suggestions of CVC words to build and a place to write the words with dry erase marker. These cards can serve as a support tool to give kids ideas of words to spell, or as an answer key to check the spelling of words they have built.
- 100 Sturdy, Stackable, Lowercase Letter Tiles: This set includes 100 lowercase letter tiles, with plenty of the letters needed to build the most common short-vowel words. The vowel tiles have red letters; the consonant tiles, blue letters. Working with this set helps reinforce students ability to distinguish the two. Made of durable plastic, these tiles nest together so kids can stack them. They are designed to stand up to day-in/day-out use by your most enthusiastic students.
- For Up To 4 Players: This game can be played individually, in pairs, or with up to four kids. Its ideal for literacy centers. Instructions include a fun review game that involves swapping out letters at the beginning, middle, or end of the word.
- Suggestions For Differentiation: The instructions include variations to increase the challenge for advanced students or to provide support for those who are struggling.
Invite kids to stack these color-coded letter tiles to build, read, and then write CVC words, and watch their skills mount up!
- 4 double-sided letter-stacking mats
- Size: 6" by 3" each
- 4 CVC word cards, Write Again wipe-off laminate
- Size: 6" by 6" each, folded
- 100 stackable lowercase letter tiles with red vowels and blue consonants
- Size: 13/8" by 13/8" each
- Instruction card
- Size: 6" by 6"
- 1 storage box
- For up to 4 players