Provide Lively Sight-Word Practice With This Battleship-Inspired Game
Students go on an educational adventure as they practice reading sight words with this Treasure Chest game that works just like Battleship.
- On The Hunt: Students try to capture each other's treasure chests by correctly reading the sight word in the box where the treasure is hidden and using the word in a sentence.
- 3-D Sight-Word Practice: Player 1 calls out a plot point on the grid. Player 2 writes the word that's in that square on a card for Player 1 to read. If there's a treasure chest in that square, Player 1 must also use the word in a sentence. He or she then gets to keep the treasure chest. Then it's Player 2's turn. Players mark their tent grids with an X to keep track of the locations previously called.
- Double-Sided, Magnetic Boards Feature Carefully Selected Sight Words: Each side of the magnetic boards has a different selection of words. All featured words were chosen from our list of 100 common sight words carefully compiled by our ELA experts.
- Track Progress: To keep track of which sight words have been called, players write them on a convenient write-on/wipe-off card.
- Keep Kids Entertained: Use this game as part of a lesson plan, for a small group project, or even as an activity for indoor recess.
- Use The Base With Other Boards: Try our math versions of this game (multiplication or addition and subtraction), or use the base from this game and make your own grids for other subjects.
In the U.S alone, nearly 30% of educational standards are overhauled, revised or edited each year. Tracking these changes demands the full-time expertise and we have the tool to manage those standards, so you can trust us as the leader in standards alignment. Correlations are made for all State, National, and Common Core Standards. In addition, we have Head Start standards for early childhood. And most recently, we’ve added both National STEM Standards and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).Learn More
Pay in 3 easy payments.
Your satisfaction is our priority.
- 1 double-sided tent grid, Write Again wipe-off laminate
- Size: 12" by 12" with 5" base
- 2 different double-sided game boards, Write Again wipe-off laminate
- Size: 10" by 10" each
- 10 treasure chest magnets (5 each of 2 designs)
- Size: 1" by 1" each
- 2 writing cards
- Size: 5" by 3" each
- 1 laminated instruction card
- Size: 10" by 10"
- 1 storage box with lid
- For 2 players