Figure It Out! Figurative Language Literacy Center - 1 literacy center
Pay with 3 monthly payments of just $7. No fees.Learn more
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years of age.
Explore Figurative Language In This Fun Literacy Activity
"Students Explore Figurative Language In This Fun Literacy Activity . Whether you’re a parent wanting to help your child get the most out of at-home learning or a teacher looking for activities to send home with students, this center has you covered! The challenge in this game is to interpret figurative phrases in the context of short reading passages. Players spin, answer a multiple-choice question, and earn a point if the answer is correct. Players can earn extra points by naming the type of figurative language used: simile, metaphor, idiom, personification, hyperbole, sarcasm, or onomatopoeia. Students can Self-checking their work as they go.
- REINFORCE SKILLS: Practice fun activities while learning to interpret figurative phrases in the context of short reading passages
- INDEPENDENT PRACTICE / SELF CHECKING: Children can easily complete and interact with these materials independently and self check their work
- TEACHING GUIDE INCLUDED: a Really Good Instructional Guide is included to cover activities and supporting reproducibles
- TARGETED SKILLS: Boost the same key skills children are learning in the classroom
- GRAB AND GO contents neatly packaged in this convenient snap closured bag to learn anywhere or on the go
In the U.S alone, nearly 30% of educational standards are overhauled, revised or edited each year. Tracking these changes demands the full-time expertise and we have the tool to manage those standards, so you can trust us as the leader in standards alignment. Correlations are made for all State, National, and Common Core Standards. In addition, we have Head Start standards for early childhood. And most recently, we’ve added both National STEM Standards and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).Learn More
Pay in 3 easy payments.
Your satisfaction is our priority.
- 6 text cards
- Size: 5" by 7" each
- 30 question cards
- Size: 2½" by 3½" each
- 1 reference card
- Size: 8½" by 11"
- 3 double-sided answer key cards
- Size: 8½" by 11" each
- 1 score card
- Size: 8½" by 11"
- 1 spinner
- Size: 5" by 5"
- 1 laminated task card
- Size: 9" by 6"
- Really Good Instructional Guide
- 1 hanging plastic bag
- Size: 11" by 13¼"