FREE SHIPPING over $79 Use Code: SHIP79 (offer excludesitems)
Product Overview8+ / 3rd Grade
Choking Hazard Warning: Balloon and Small Parts - Adult Supervision required. Do not Ingest.
*New and Improved! – Discover more about static electricity using your homemade static bottle
- Make the Energy Stick come to life when the circuit is complete
- Many discoveries about electrons and electricity are packed in this great kit
- The kit comes with the essential materials you’ll need to conduct many experiments, take-it-further activities and challenges for 1 – 4 children per kit
- Discover Electrons and Electricity in This Great Kit!:There’s a good chance you or someone in your family has a computer, cell phone, tablet, or some other kind of electronic device. Notice that word: “electronic.” It tells you that these devices use electrons to work. Sometimes electrons don’t move but build up in huge numbers. That’s static electricity and with this kit, you’ll discover more about it using your homemade Static Bottle. Moving electrons travel through conductors and are stopped by insulators and the Energy Stick identifies one from the other. The Energy Stick also tells when a circuit is complete when multiple liquids are connected by electron bridges. There are a lot of challenges to take on and discoveries to make when electrons are involved!
- Create an unforgettable learning experience for both you and your child:This STEM Science Kit includes all the materials you need to conduct all 6 experiments, suggestions for take-it-further activities and challenges for 1-4 children per kit. You’ll also receive a colored activity guide. The young scientist guide has step-by-step instructions for each lab, along with questions, and more challenges.
- What does it teach?:This kit presents the foundation kids need to get a better idea of just what electrons – electricity – really are and how to control them whether they’re stationary or moving. Everyday experiences with static charges like uncooperative hair, a blue spark from a door knob, and sparkles between a sheet and a blanket start to make sense because of a balloon, a plastic bottle, and Styrofoam beads.
- This Could be the Start of a Career in Electronics: Who knows? The idea of an electrical circuit is presented in several fun ways that show electrons move in a closed circuit and are stopped in an open circuit. The proof comes from a simple device called an Energy Stick that flashes and buzzes when a circuit is complete.
- 7 Experiments Included: Energy Stick – Human Conductors, In Search of Conductors, Make a Conductivity Tester, Build an Electron Bridge, A Hair-Raising Experience, Push or Pull, The Amazing Levitating Loop
STEM Success Kit: Electricity Science Kit
- What’s Included?
- STEM Science Kit
- 7 Experiments
- Suggested take-it-further activities
- Activity GuideSTEM Science Kit includes:
- Energy Stick Conductor Blister Card
- Two 19" Latex Balloon (when inflated)
- Clear Cylinder with cap – (8" h x 1.5"w)
- Colored Beads – (10 mL)
- Six Clear PET Cup – (4 oz.)
- Aluminum Foil Sheet
- Instruction CardsRecommended for children ages 8 and up with adult supervision.
Steve Spangler Science
Reviews & Ratings
Recommended For You
More Like This