Spiderweb STEM Challenge
Pay with 3 monthly payments of just $13.33. No fees.Learn more
Adult supervision is required.
Challenge Students To Design And Build A Spiderweb
Great for Halloween or any time of year, this STEM/STEAM activity engages kids in collaborating to design and create a spiderweb out of string slime and spiders out of pipe cleaners. Hands-on learning at its finest!
- Students Collaborate In Small Groups: Students work together to decide the best way to design their spiderweb and spiders.
- Spin Those STEM Skills! From collaboration and communication to engineering design and critical thinking, this hands-on activity helps develop key skills kids will need as productive members of the future workforce.
- Durable Plastic Tray: Your young scientists and engineers can create spiders and a spiderweb in this sturdy tray as they work their way through this challenge. When this lesson is over, you have a handy tray for holding papers.
- Plenty Of Slime And Pipe Cleaners: This kit has enough string slime and pipe cleaners for a whole class to complete this activity.
- Laminated Instruction Card: This activity comes with a reproducible instruction card that guides students through each step and encourages them to reflect on their design and make improvements. The other side has a worksheet with room to jot down important information as they go through the engineering design process. The card is laminated for durability.
- 1 plastic tray
- Size: 97/8"W by 12"D by 1"H
- 1 bottle of clear string slime
- Size: 32 oz.
- 100 black pipe cleaners
- 1 reproducible instruction/worksheet card, laminated
- Size: 8" by 11"