Reading Learning Journals™– Nonsense Words
Pay with 3 monthly payments of just $5.66. No fees.Learn more
Nonsense Word Practice Builds Foundational Reading Skills And Unleashes Kids’ Imaginations
Practicing nonsense words is an important step in reading development. When kids read nonsense words it prepares them to tackle larger, multisyllabic words and various word families. These journals allow children to expand their reading skills with nonsense word activities, plus, the smaller format makes the journals more affordable and also easy to fit in small hands.
- Nonsense Makes Sense: Making and practicing nonsense words is a fundamental reading skill that is often overlooked. It stimulates kids’ imaginations, which ignites their reading interest.
- Good Size For Little Hands: The slightly smaller format fits comfortably in younger children’s hands, and also makes the journals more affordable.
- Building Fundamentals: Practice with nonsense words, while it engages and charms children, is building a fundamental skill that supports reading development. It makes it easier to move into larger and multisyllabic words, and to grasp the underpinnings of word families.
- Aligns With Literacy Assessments: Nonsense words are commonly included on nationwide standardized literacy assessments, so this enjoyable word skill activity helps prep your students for literacy testing.
Kids develop fundamental reading skills when they practice nonsense words.
In the U.S alone, nearly 30% of educational standards are overhauled, revised or edited each year. Tracking these changes demands the full-time expertise and we have the tool to manage those standards, so you can trust us as the leader in standards alignment. Correlations are made for all State, National, and Common Core Standards. In addition, we have Head Start standards for early childhood. And most recently, we’ve added both National STEM Standards and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).Learn More
Pay in 3 easy payments.
Your satisfaction is our priority.
- 24 softcover journals
- Size: 83/8" by 53/8"
- 16 pages each (including covers)