Pay with 3 monthly payments of just $8.33. No fees.Learn more
Adult Supervision Required.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years of age.
Observe Ants At Work In Ant Mountain
Budding scientists will be fascinated to learn all about ants and how they live by observing them in this escape-proof ant-tunneling environment. The special design allows kids to watch as their busy ants work cooperatively to tunnel, explore, and forage throughout Ant Mountain.
- Turn Students Into Myrmecologists! (They'll proudly let their family and friends know that it stands for a person who studies ants.)
- Redeem The Certificate To Receive Your Ants: When Ant Mountain arrives, send in the enclosed certificate, and a vial of 25 (or 50) harvester ants will arrive within three weeks. You will pay an additional shipping fee. (Extreme temperatures may require extra delivery time. Please note that live ants cannot be shipped to Oregon or Hawaii.)
- Teaches Responsibility: As kids learn to care for their ants, they learn a valuable lesson in responsibility. Harvester ants will live two to four weeks in Ant Mountain. Feed them tiny bites of celery, carrot, or apple (about the size of a popcorn kernel) every three days. They also need a few drops of water every three or four days.
- Guide And Website Offer Fascinating Ant Facts: Ant Mountain comes with instructions and an information and activity guide. The Insect Lore website answers kids' most frequently asked questions about ants.
Teach kids about science, cooperation, and responsibility with this fascinating ant observation kit!
- 2-sided viewing habitat with escape-proof, locking lid
- "Easy dig" sand
- Sand rod to get the tunneling started
- Certificate for a supply of 25 or 50 harvester ants. An additional $4 or $6 shipping fee ($5 o