Join the Conversation! Visit the Really Good Teachers Forum!

Forgot Your Display Name Or Password?

X
Reset Your Password Or Request Display Name

X

A Really Good Stuff® Community

Join Our 880 Members Engaging In 339 Posts

Home Forums Behavior Management What’s Your Best Behavior Management Advice?

Profile photo of Brandi Jordan

What’s Your Best Behavior Management Advice?

• Follow:
    Share:
to share this thread via email.
  • Profile photo of Brandi Jordan
    Brandi Jordan
    Teaching since: 1996
    Pennsylvania
  • December 7, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Question: What’s your best behavior management advice?

So many Really Good Teachers are struggling with behavior management this year. Old tricks aren’t working as they used to and teachers who usually have behavior management in the bag are searching for new ways to help their students succeed.  Share your best tip below and help some Really Good Teachers out!

Giveaway:  Share your best behavior management advice for a chance to win this week’s $25 Really Good Stuff eGift Certificate giveaway!!

All on-topic responses to this thread that are posted between Wednesday, December 7th at 12pm EST and Tuesday, December 13th at 11:59pm EST will be entered into random drawing to win. This giveaway is open to entrants 18 years of age or older at the time of entry who are residents of the United States. Void where prohibited by law. Questions? Contact us at ContactUs@ReallyGoodTeachers.com.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Classroom Teacher
    Elementary School
    Teaching since: 2012
    New Mexico
  • December 7, 2016 at 3:36 pm

I can relate to having a hard time with behavior management this year! Usually I’ve got it down, but this year is proving to be a struggle! My best behavior management advice would be to focus on the intrinsic motivation vs the extrinsic. Develop that classroom community and build that respect so that they want to stay on task and focused. Also, a little trick I learned the first year I was teaching…read a book they’re invested in during transition time.  I used to read Junie B. Jones books and transition times were quick and quiet, because everyone wanted to hear the story. 😉

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    Kindergarten
    Teaching since: 2000
    Wyoming
  • December 7, 2016 at 8:42 pm

My best behavior management advice is be consistent and persistent, if it doesn’t work at first don’t give up, give it time. Especially this time of year.  I

Report this post
  • Teaching since: 1996
    Pennsylvania
  • December 14, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Congratulations to @megan for being the winner of last week’s Giveaway!  Be sure to share your advice on this week’s thread for a chance to win a $25 Really Good Stuff eGift certificate!

Report this post
to share this article.
  • really Good Stuff Community
  • Weekly Recap

© 2017 Really Good Stuff, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Preference Center