Join the Conversation! Visit the Really Good Teachers Forum!

Forgot Your Display Name Or Password?

X
Reset Your Password Or Request Display Name

X

A Really Good Stuff® Community

Join Our 880 Members Engaging In 339 Posts

Home Forums Home Life Quick Dinner Ideas?

Profile photo of Melinda

Quick Dinner Ideas?

Posted byMelinda
  • Follow:
    Share:
to share this thread via email.
  • Profile photo of Melinda
    Melinda
    Classroom Teacher
    Elementary School
    Teaching since: 2012
    New Mexico
  • July 8, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Last year was a disaster when it came to getting dinner on the table for my family after teaching all day. What are your favorite quick and healthy meal ideas for the school year?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Classroom Teacher
    Preschool
    Teaching since: 2000
    Alabama
  • July 8, 2016 at 3:14 pm

The crockpot is my best friend during the school year! If you google crockpot recipes you’ll find a ton of easy ones. I put everything in before I leave for work and by the time I get home it’s done cooking. Best investment ever!

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    Kindergarten
    Teaching since: 2000
    Wyoming
  • July 14, 2016 at 9:37 am

My goal is to do meal preparation on the weekends this year. I do color guard for the local HS and practice runs until 6:30-7:00 and I am prone to eat out more often than I should.

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    1st Grade
    Teaching since: 2002
    Illinois
  • July 19, 2016 at 3:59 pm

We grill on the weekends, usually chicken or pork, and chop everything up and freeze it in “meal sized” portions. Then we can put it in the fridge in the morning (ideally…or thaw in microwave when we get home because I have forgotten!) and make things like chicken caesar salad, quesadillas, or other recipes that call for chicken or pork. I’ve found that having the meat ready really cuts down on time.

Report this post
  • Teaching since: 1996
    Pennsylvania
  • July 19, 2016 at 4:48 pm

FirstGradeFun, That’s a brilliant idea about the grilling! You’re right, when the protein is already prepped, meal prep goes sooooo much quicker!!

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    4th Grade
    Teaching since: 1997
    South Carolina
  • July 22, 2016 at 11:15 am

Pinterest has been my go to for quick and easy meals. Now that it is just me at home, I usually make chicken or something that I can portion out to take for lunch throughout the week.

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    Kindergarten
    Teaching since: 2001
    Connecticut
  • July 27, 2016 at 2:25 pm

HelloKitty, that casserole sounds fantastic! I think I’m going to try it this weekend!

Report this post
  • Special Education Teacher
    Elementary School
    Teaching since: 2007
    Pennsylvania
  • August 27, 2016 at 4:17 am

Freezer cooking and the crockpot have been working great for me! I also keep a stash of burgers, applegate hot dogs and homemade pasta sauce in my freezer for those “disaster days” (woke up late, power went out while I was at work and the crockpot didn’t kick back on).

Report this post
to share this article.
  • really Good Stuff Community
  • Weekly Recap

© 2017 Really Good Stuff, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Preference Center