Join the Conversation! Visit the Really Good Teachers Forum!

Forgot Your Display Name Or Password?

X
OR
Reset Your Password Or Request Display Name

X

A Really Good Stuff® Community

Join Our 1,594 Members Engaging In 363 Posts

Home Forums Classroom Management Procedures

Profile photo of Valery

Procedures

Posted by Teach4Him
  • Follow:
    Share:
to share this thread via email.
  • Profile photo of Valery
    Teach4Him
    Classroom Teacher
    Elementary School
    Teaching since: 1996
    New Hampshire
  • July 20, 2016 at 11:45 pm

What are the most important procedures to teach the students the first week of school?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Classroom Teacher
    4th Grade
    Teaching since: 1997
    South Carolina
  • July 22, 2016 at 11:01 am

For me, morning procedures are important for my students to learn right away. I usually arrive at school early and also let my students come in early instead of having to wait until the bell rings for me to pick them up in another part of the building. When they come in they take care of all of their morning duties (lunch count, homework turned in, new homework is written in their agenda, pencils sharpened, restroom, etc.) quietly without my assistance since I am getting things ready for the day. They usually really do a great job with this because they rather be in the classroom with me than waiting for me to pick them up when the bell rings.

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    Kindergarten
    Teaching since: 2000
    Wyoming
  • July 25, 2016 at 7:54 am

In Kindergarten, we spend the first few days focusing on procedures. To me the most important procedures are the morning procedures. Luckily we had summer school with our incoming kindergarten students so we’ve already started with the procedures. They know that when they come in from morning recess that they get out their planner and homework folder and put them in the proper baskets, hang up their backpacks and meet me at the rug for morning meeting.

Report this post
  • Special Education Teacher
    Elementary School
    Teaching since: 2007
    Pennsylvania
  • August 24, 2016 at 4:06 pm

I’m a resource room teacher, so the most important for me is how i want the students to enter and leave the room. Then i teach supplies and our fire drill exit.

Report this post
to share this article.
  • really Good Stuff Community
  • Weekly Recap

© 2017 Really Good Stuff, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Preference Center