Join the Conversation! Visit the Really Good Teachers Forum!

Forgot Your Display Name Or Password?

X
Reset Your Password Or Request Display Name

X

A Really Good Stuff® Community

Join Our 881 Members Engaging In 340 Posts

Home Forums Décor & Organization Ideal Classroom?

Profile photo of Brandi Jordan

Ideal Classroom?

• Follow:
    Share:
to share this thread via email.
  • Profile photo of Brandi Jordan
    Brandi Jordan
    Teaching since: 1996
    Pennsylvania
  • July 7, 2016 at 1:13 pm

What does your ideal classroom look like?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Classroom Teacher
    Middle School
    Teaching since: 2000
    Texas
  • July 19, 2016 at 3:36 pm

My ideal classroom has plenty of storage as well as plenty of room for students to move around without constantly bumping into one anothers desks. A room that has pkenty of space for posting learning strategies and current anchor charts and projects.

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    Middle School
    California
  • July 19, 2016 at 3:54 pm

My ideal classroom has all the great elements listed on BWaller’s list as well as technology tables or rolling desks to be used not only for online projects, but also collaborations in all areas of study. I would also like access to an outside area to use for science, growing vegetables, plants, chairs for reading and relaxing. Walls without bulletin board so the entire wall can be used by all. Maybe whiteboards on all walls without boarders so they can be used by all for math, concept maps, etc… My mind just goes crazy thinking about all the possibilities for learning! Makes me stop to think what I can do and change within guidelines given. Thank you for the opportunity to dream!

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    7th Grade
    Teaching since: 2012
    Virginia
  • July 19, 2016 at 4:04 pm

My ideal classroom is spacious with tables for groups. It also has iPads and chrome books for each student. All the walls are whiteboards. There is also lots of storage organized to a tee!

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    2nd Grade
    Teaching since: 2013
    South Carolina
  • July 19, 2016 at 4:19 pm

My ideal classroom would be very colorful and have plenty of room for storage. I would also use clover leaf tables and chairs instead of desk so that students can be grouped more easily.

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    Elementary School
    Teaching since: 2006
    Massachusetts
  • July 19, 2016 at 5:04 pm

My ideal class and would look like something from the future. Flexible seating arrangements would be a must. There would be plenty of room for students to move around and work cooperatively in small groups. Other areas around the classroom would be designated areas where students could work independently. In today’s world where teachers need to differentiate in order to reach all students, I believe that those instructional practices need to be reflected in the layout of a classroom. Not all students like to sit at desks. Many students prefer to lay on the rug, sit in a bean bag chair, or stand at a desk when completing work. There are even students who like to have a nice cozy enclosed area where they can be alone to think about and complete works. We need to consider alternative classroom lay-outs that reflect students’ needs.

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    5th Grade
    Teaching since: 2005
    Texas
  • July 19, 2016 at 11:16 pm

I’m moving into a 5th grade science lab and I’m in the process of turning it into a mad scientist lab. I want it to be a very curious lab where the students want to explore and learn everyday. Experiments conducted weekly, journaling daily, and mostly cooperative, hands-on learning.

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    1st Grade
    Teaching since: 1998
    Illinois
  • July 19, 2016 at 11:43 pm

My ideal classroom would be spacious with plenty of areas for quiet/partner reading. I love tables but am in love with the triangular desks that can be grouped together with various number of students. These would work great for Kagan lessons! It would be very colorful. I already use the grouping chair covers in primary colors. Working on getting the other coordinating items. It would be technologically advances with more than one whiteboard and plenty of laptops and Ipads (one for each student).

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    4th Grade
    North Carolina
  • July 20, 2016 at 5:28 am

My ideal classroom would have plenty of storage space and wall space for vocabulary and charts. It would also be spacious enough to have a carpeted area without the carpet touching the desks or a wall and a place for computers (if we didn’t have laptops). Definitely lots of room for the children to move around.

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    Kindergarten
    Wyoming
  • July 20, 2016 at 9:55 am

My ideal classroom is large, has lots of storage, hands on materials, flexible seating, lots of play space. Wall space for anchor charts and learning space for a variety of activities.

Report this post
  • Elementary School
    New York
  • July 20, 2016 at 3:30 pm

In my ideal classroom, as in many of the others dreamed about here, I would have many different work spaces to reflect the needs of my students. I love the idea of every wall being a whiteboard! And it absolutely must have organized space for storage of materials – they should be easy for students to access, yet not be in the way when they are not being used. I know, but a girl can dream!!

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    Kindergarten
    Teaching since: 2007
    Missouri
  • July 20, 2016 at 10:56 pm

My ideal classroom looks like chaos!!! hahahaha no but serious, with the kids actively engaged and exploring, participating, having meaningful conversations.. now as far as the set up, alternative seating, LOTS of space and storage and a bathroom ( I teach K)! Technology, love my smart board, iPads, etc…

Report this post
  • Classroom Teacher
    4th Grade
    Teaching since: 1997
    South Carolina
  • July 22, 2016 at 11:23 am

My ideal classroom would be large to accommodate the large class sizes. I would have all types of alternative seating from Hokki Stools to stand up desks. We would have enough devices for all students to complete projects, assignments, collaborate with ours, and become tech savvy. It would be very colorful with lots of storage space. All students would be on task at all times with no behavior challenges.

Report this post
  • Special Education Teacher
    Elementary School
    Teaching since: 2007
    Pennsylvania
  • August 24, 2016 at 4:00 pm

I teach special ed so an actual room (not one that used to be a closet) would be a good start. :p

I would love a lot of space for flexible sesting and distraction-free zones, as well as more storage.

Report this post
to share this article.
  • really Good Stuff Community
  • Weekly Recap

© 2017 Really Good Stuff, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Preference Center