Join the Conversation! Visit the Really Good Teachers Forum!

Forgot Your Display Name Or Password?

X
Reset Your Password Or Request Display Name

X

A Really Good Stuff® Community

Join Our 1,012 Members Engaging In 344 Posts

Home Forums Décor & Organization Environmental Print Board

Profile photo of Sharon

Environmental Print Board

• Follow:
    Share:
to share this thread via email.
  • Profile photo of Sharon
    SharonDudley
    Classroom Teacher
    Kindergarten
    Maryland
  • July 21, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Since I’m going back to school in a few weeks, I’m already collecting environmental print boxes to cut out and put on an “I Can Read!” bulletin board for my adorable kinders. This board is really easy to do. You simply cut out the front of the box of things that you’re already eating at home, such as macaroni and cheese, pancakes, pizza, waffles, fried chicken, etc. When the kids look at the board, you can play games with them such as “Find the letter F”, “Find the letter P”, “Can you read this word?” I always make a really big deal, for example, when the kids say “That’s pizza!” It makes them feel so confident and it teaches them to really look at illustrations when they’re reading. It gives the kids such a positive feeling!

Sharon Dudley, NBCT

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• California
  • January 26, 2017 at 4:26 am

There are many scrap papers that you can also use as alternative materials for that. Specially, kids, loves scrap booking, coloring etc.. Just like me, I have so many loose envelopes that are spare from my business printing materials that printed out at http://www.digitekprinting.com/envelopes, I uses them for many projects for my sons.

Report this post
to share this article.
  • really Good Stuff Community
  • Weekly Recap

© 2017 Really Good Stuff, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Preference Center